Monday, November 7, 2011
Cup Cake Batter Ingredients:-
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temp
1 cup milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
Frosting & Decorating Ingredients :-
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 pound confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Black food coloring (available at party supply stores)
Piping bag with small round tip (Wilton tip #3 is ideal)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
2) In an electric mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter & sugar together, till light and fluffy ,this may take 5 minutes.
3) Add the eggs to the butter one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated well before you add each one.
4) Once all the eggs are incorporated add the vanilla essence and beat.
5) In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6) 6.Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla ,beginning and ending with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
7) Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
8) Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
To make the frosting place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 the sugar and alternate adding milk/vanilla, remaining sugar to taste while beating on medium speed until creamy.
* Begin by spreading white icing on each cupcake.
* Color some icing black and add it to the piping bag.
* Draw several circles on the top of each cupcake, with small circles in the middle and gradually larger ones as you move outward.
* Once you've drawn the circles, put the tip of the tooth pick in the center of the cupcake and lightly drag it through the icing to the edge.
* Repeat for a total of six times per cupcake. Always begin in the middle and move to the edge.
* Your spider web cupcakes are ready to eat!
Idea Adapted:-Coolest Party Ideas
Friday, November 4, 2011
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 cup boiling hot water
1 1/3 cups All purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 tbsps butter
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsps heavy cream
½ tsp salt
2 tsps vanilla
Orange food coloring
Chocolate Cupcakes Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter, or line muffin cups with paper liners.
In a small bowl stir until smooth the boiling hot water and the cocoa powder. Let cool to room temperature.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Then in the bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat only until incorporated. Then add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter and bake for about 16 - 20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Do not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.)
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
These cupcakes are best the day they are made, but can be covered and stored for a few days.
Icing Method :-
Take butter and blend it with the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla.
Do this until you have a thickened mixture.
Then take your cream and begin to blend it together.
When that is done,add salt.keep aside some white Icing add in your orange food coloring to remaing Icing..
Blend well and frost your cupcakes with Orange Icing.
With White Icing and chocolates decorate your cupcake.