Cup Cake Batter Ingredients:-
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temp
1 cup milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
Frosting & Decorating Ingredients :-
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 pound confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Black food coloring (available at party supply stores)
Piping bag with small round tip (Wilton tip #3 is ideal)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
2) In an electric mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter & sugar together, till light and fluffy ,this may take 5 minutes.
3) Add the eggs to the butter one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated well before you add each one.
4) Once all the eggs are incorporated add the vanilla essence and beat.
5) In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6) 6.Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla ,beginning and ending with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
7) Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
8) Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
To make the frosting place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 the sugar and alternate adding milk/vanilla, remaining sugar to taste while beating on medium speed until creamy.
* Begin by spreading white icing on each cupcake.
* Color some icing black and add it to the piping bag.
* Draw several circles on the top of each cupcake, with small circles in the middle and gradually larger ones as you move outward.
* Once you've drawn the circles, put the tip of the tooth pick in the center of the cupcake and lightly drag it through the icing to the edge.
* Repeat for a total of six times per cupcake. Always begin in the middle and move to the edge.
* Your spider web cupcakes are ready to eat!
Idea Adapted:-Coolest Party Ideas